A recent survey of 130 insurance entities across the country shows:
· 74% have current openings
· Only 20 don’t plan on adding to staff this year
· 21 said they’ll add more than 500
· Top hiring positions are sales, claims, underwriting, call center, and IT
· Most felt finding qualified/quality candidates is still difficult
On another note... our personal savings rate has quadrupled since 2008 to 4.5%, and we apparently hope to increase that to 15% (can’t be done, but a strong sign of how insecure most of us are feeling).