Friday, August 22, 2008

Money in the Bank....

Everyone's goal, regardless of what their position is, should be to learn something new each day.

I've been recruiting for a long time, and I still take delight (almost glee), when I run into something new that I can add to my knowledge base.

Could be something that has to do with business, or it could be something non-business related.

Doesn't matter.

It gives me a new sense of accomplishment in what otherwise might have been just another mundane day!

It's exciting, and it should be for you also.

Everyone should have a little bit, at least, of an inquisitive mind, and be open to new ideas and learning.

It will not only reinvigorate you on a regular basis but it will also do the same for your career.

Time and again I get references on candidates that say they have 10 years of experience times 1.

In other words... while they've been in the industry for 10 years, their knowledge base hasn't progressed past the first year.



More later.



Harvey Dorland

No comments: